Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What’s With the Attitude?


Last night I had my usual Tuesday workout: 3 Miles on the treadmill and an hour of strength training. The combo used to be dreadful but now I am used to it (so much for that as training peaks is showing I need to run five miles next week instead of three). On the way home from the gym I stopped to pick up some diner for me and the running coach. Behind me in the sandwich line was one of the New York Triathlon Teams I have heard so much about and not because of their welcoming attitude. They were all dressed in matching outfits: tights and jackets that were covered in logos from their sponsors. It was seriously out of Dodgeball. Cool, I thought, I will totally talk to them about triathlon.

Me: So you guys are part of a triathlon team?
Them: Yes
Me: That’s great. I am signed up for the New York City Triathlon. I am so excited.
Them: Are you on a team?
Me: I train with Cadence Multisport.
Them: Never heard of it.
Me: So what race are you training for?
Them: We are all doing Lake Placid.
Me: Wow, that’s great.
Them: New York’s a nice little race, you will enjoy it.
Me: Does your team have a website? I would love to look it up.
Them: Yes.
Me: What is it?
Them: I don’t know.

Arighty then. I thought triathlon-ers are all supposed to be friendly. I guess not. Maybe they were just really hungry and tired. It must take a lot of effort to be that coordinated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what team was it?....you have me intrigued. I have trained with a couple of "groups" in NYC but haven't found them to be rude like that. Good job on the workout!

Stacey said...

I am scared they will come after me. They have red jackets. I have seen them at roadrunners events too.

Marisa said...

This is hilarious. You funny lady.

AL said...

Too funny. You should have ripped some quotes from the movie. "See you guys on ESPN OCHO."