Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Poor Baby

Bad news loyal readers: it’s a stress fracture. To be exact it is 18.5cm below the knee joint and 7.5cm in dimension. Definitely on the bad side of the news I was expecting scale but what can I do? It is what it is. It is not the end of the world. Yeah, yeah I have told myself every single cliché. I kind of already knew that it was pretty serious so I wasn’t so surprised. The doctor said that if I really behaved I could be back running (albeit on a very limited basis) in July. So it’s not disastrous news by any means.

In the meantime I am going to put my online coaching on hold and possibly sign up for some deep water running classes offered near my apartment through NY RoadRunners. Right now I have three goals for 2007: 1) Get better!; 2) Complete a triathlon; and 3) run three more RoadRunners’ races. As I told my tri-friend Elisa all doable and all SANE. I have the rest of my life to complete tri’s and marathons. This “break” will only make me appreciate the sport so much more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stace, that sucks! I am so sorry, but I have no doubt that you will be all healed and kicking butt again soon! Don't stop the blog though--how else am I supposed to know what is up with you (I guess I could pick up the phone--sorry for being so out of touch!).